What is an Ad Creative Performance Analysis?
Ad creative analysis is a relatively new concept in the field of advertising. It started peeking in media conversations sometime in 2018 and since then has achieved its well-deserved place at a table.
Why? Because it’s no longer enough to analyze advertisements solely on targeting and click-through rates.
Technology can offer more than click tracking and audience suggestions to enhance ad performance. With Pudding AI you can also analyze your ad creatives and copy. In fact, ad creatives are probably the most impactful aspect of your ads so getting them right is crucial. Here’re some reasons as to why:
Don’t take our word for it though, go ahead and google the significance of creatives in an overall ad performance!
How are ad creatives analyzed with Pudding.ai?
The first question that probably comes to mind when thinking about the ad creative analysis process is – how does the AI know what creative performs better?
There are several key factors that come into play during the analysis:
- Elements present in the creative (could be colors, the human presence or lack of it, movement or/and its speed, location of an object, CTA, etc)
- Goals of that particular ad or the campaign (link clicks, impressions, cost per click, video views, etc)
- The cost involved in achieving the goal – the ROI
This means the creative performance is analyzed against the above metrics to value its performance.
For example, you have two ads for an accessory where one includes a person’s face and another doesn’t. The artificial intelligence will recognize the different elements between the two ads (in this example, it’s a face) to show how that element affected the performance against the set metrics aka goals & cost.
That’s a very simple example, the AI knows to extract visual elements and concepts from the ad and will automatically recognize elements present in all your ads. In addition, you can teach the Pudding AI your own elements by labeling them. That is especially useful for branded elements or other repetitive ones to gain insights into their performance.
So the AI collects data of all elements present in all active ads and correlates it with their real-time performance based on the chosen metrics.
What now? Well, this information helps with:
- Recognizing creative elements that increase or decrease ad performance – use it to finetune creatives on active campaigns.
- Development of creative strategies for future campaigns – learn creative trends and insights to help build your next campaign brief.
- Improvement the communication between the creative team and media team – have an efficient discussion between creative, strategy, and media team on campaign goals and creative impact.
Pudding AI features that help analyze ad creatives performance
Pudding.ai’s creative analysis is fully customized in real-time by a filter line. By choosing filters, you tell the AI what is your goal, and how you normally measure your creative performance.
Pudding AI will present all element insights & suggestions based on a combination of filters you’ve selected. All the filters can be changed at any time.
- Date range
- Metric (goal) – choose from dozens of possible measuring metrics such as cost per click, CTR, reach, purchases, add to cart, etc
- Sort by – allows you sort your metric based on the amount spent/metric, impressions/metric
- Additional filters – includes campaigns, placement, and others as well as group creations to compare them and more.
Pudding AI Board
The board is a second-level insights dashboard that helps create a funnel of goals (complex KPI) based on a combination of metrics. That might be a bit hard to swallow so here’s a quick breakdown:
- Analytics appear in columns based on chosen filters/metrics.
- The columns are sorted by your Sort by the filter.
- You get a performance view of several metrics side-by-side (which gives you a “wider” picture of that ad’s performance).
- You can add and adjust metrics based on your funnel.
Once you’ve chosen the metrics for analysis, Pudding.ai will give each creative an Overall Score based on aggregated performance results of all the metrics added to the board.
Creatives are a vital part of advertising. However, for far too long we’ve been using intuition and lots of A/B testing dollars to learn which creatives work for us and which don’t. With Pudding, we can use real data to see the performance of our ad creatives all in one place, learn what to adjust, and how to launch only winning ad campaigns!